Ah, winter has arrived in northern Indiana. I am so happy about that!
Saturday night we were invited to go skating with some friends in South Bend at an outdoor rink in Howard Park. I haven't been skating for two years, since I left Toronto. It was fun. The snow really started to come down while we were skating. Big fluffy flakes. At one point, they emptied the rink and put on the zamboni to clear the ice. The zamboni went down the middle of the rink and once around the ice, and had to leave because it was already full. Once again, down around and through - and the zamboni was full. After a little while of this it was impossible to even locate the first ring around the ice - so much new snow had fallen. Thankfully, they let us back on the ice and we skated through about 4-5 inches of the fluffy stuff. We had a great time, and it was a beautiful night out.
Sunday after church, Kendall and I went for a tromp in the woods at Ox Bow Conservation Area (between Elkhart and Goshen). Here are some of our photos.
1 comment:
Those pictures are beautiful. The second one reminds me of the time we saw a herd of deer running through the swamp. Do you remember that time?
Post a Comment