Tuesday, October 16, 2007

a soaked sponge

well, well, well.

If there's anybody left following this blog, that's quite something. I should give you a sticker, for finding this and reading it - perhaps my favourite kind, a butterfly sticker! (let me know, maybe I'll mail you one....) Perhaps there's some grace in cyberspace for people who have graduated, bought a house, moved in, went on a fabulous 2 week vacation in BC with friends and family, and started a new pastoral position.

After about 4 weeks on the job, I'd say I feel like a soaked sponge. I'm soaking it up - people, places, structures, systems... and I haven't yet truly started squeezing it out and distilling what's there. There's still time yet for that. I'm absorbing a lot, and learning a lot, and I know that the learning is just beginning.

That said, I am confident that K and I are where God wants us to be, and that's enough for me right now.

I can't promise when I'll be back on here, but I have a premonition that life is starting to fall into a rhythm that might become more normal, so I'm hopeful. That's all I can say, I'm hopeful.

1 comment:

Bryan Moyer Suderman said...

I'm hopeful too, and looking forward to hearing how it's going over there in Londontown.

Looking forward to the sticker, too!