Wednesday, November 29, 2006

First Blog, there's a first for everything

Well, this is my first posting on the blog. It's a funny time to start a blog, but I've been getting somewhat interested in the notion, and thought it might be a good way to start connecting with my friends and family who are scattered - and who knows, I might even make some new ones.

Sometimes I think I write in order to know what I think - and this might just be a vehicle to know what I think.

I'm not all that .html literate, but I understand that this blogger tool is pretty user friendly. We'll see! This will be somewhat of an experiment to see how well I pick up what's necessary in carrying on this whole 'blog thing'. I'm looking forward the process, anyhow!

Funny, about 5 years ago, I had a phobia about having my photo and/or name on the internet. Now I'm putting myself right out there. I think that says a lot about how much more confident I have become in myself in that time, and how more sure I am that who I am is worth putting out there...

so. the adventure begins.

1 comment:

RWJ said...

Congratulations Charleen! I hope this is a meaningful part of the journey for you. Yes you are noticeably more confident than 5 years ago. It is wonderful to see such maturity.

"And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgement, but we can face him with confidence because we are like Christ here in this world. Such love has no fear, because perfect love has no fear." 1 John 17- 18a.