It's nice to know I've been missed. I had a number of folks let me know that they missed reading my posts. I'm sorry that this one won't be too long, but I thought I'd drop a note so that people know I didn't just drop off the face of the planet.
It's been a busy couple of weeks. Good, but busy.
Two weeks ago Kendall and I had the opportunity to spend a long weekend in Ontario. We saw my cousin Caroline and her family, and spent time with family in Toronto for Saturday night-Sunday. We wanted to particularly spend quality time with the kids - and we did. We went bowling one night, swimming the next afternoon, and had time with Kendall's sister and the kids' dad, and Kendall's mom and dad, and oh, it was so good to be together. I really don't like being far apart. I couldn't look up Toronto friends though, because time was actually pretty tight. But it's so tough to be IN Toronto and not get together and chat with everyone. Next year, I say to myself. Next year. (isn't that what the Jews say at Passover? 'next year in Jerusalem...')
On Monday I went to the Dutch consulate office to renew my Dutch passport - and I said to Kendall on the way there, "I always meet someone I know at the Dutch consulate". I go once every 5 years, what are the odds? But sure enough, I met Eric, who I knew from ICS days in Toronto. He was representing his bike store and his new Dutch import bicycles. Very cool.
That Monday (March 12th) was our 2 year anniversary - and we celebrated with lunch at the Middle Eastern restaurant, who catered our wedding two years ago. It seemed a fine opportunity to us. :) (TWO YEARS! How delightful. It's been a good two years)
The following week, on Monday I was part of hosting Bryan Moyer Suderman in concert at my church, Kern Road Mennonite Church... and that was so much fun. Check out his post on his recent tour to find out more. That was a great deal of fun. I could go on for a while about how much I appreciate what he does with music, church, theology and kids. But perhaps that's another post for another time.
And then on Tuesday I had my senior interview, which is a dialogue with three professors regarding an integration paper on a topic that I am passionate about. I wrote about Sabbath (a huge surprise to those who know me even a little bit). It was a good paper, and I felt good about the interview. They affirmed me as prepared for graduation and said lovely things to me. It was a good experience, but I'm very glad to be able to check that off the 'list' when all's said and done.
This past weekend the sun came out. Ah, Spring. Spring is here at last!!!!! Sunday we played baseball! And we had a BBQ picnic, and stayed outside chatting well into the evening! And we didn't get that cold!
I like winter, but I am ready for spring. Hopefully soon I'll be able to post some beautiful spring blooms from the campus. This campus is gorgeous in springtime.
Well that's the scoop for now. I'll try to avoid a three-week hiatus in the future. CHEERS!
Monday, March 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment